[CRYOLIST] Attachment to letter to the Times

Liz Morris emm36 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Sep 18 06:28:00 PDT 2011

Dear Graham, We decided to lash out £150 on Friday in the interests of
getting our facts right so will be able to check your point about the text.
I must confess none of us thought of that angle.

What grieves me is that none of the journalists thought "Hang on... 15% is
about 1/7 and I'm sure someone said Greenland ice was about 7m of sea level
rise .... that's about 1m of sea level rise over 12 years...some mistake
surely? " Must have the attention span of a gnat!

I very much doubt our letter will be published but John Vidal of the
Guardian has told us he will be trying to phone the Times Atlas chief
editor over the weekend to sort things out so something is happening.

Best wishes, Liz

--
Work Tel: +44 (0)1223 336568