[CRYOLIST] Melting in Greenland in 2011

Marco Tedesco mtedesco at sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Wed Sep 21 09:18:09 PDT 2011

Update on the 2011 melting in Greenland

  Dear colleagues,

  we are posting here

http://greenland2011.cryocity.org

preliminary results concerning melting over the Greenland ice sheet in
2011 from satellites observations and model output. The methodology is
the same described in previous papers (e.g., Tedesco et al., 2011, see http://bit.ly/pAZpxY
  ) applied to 2011.

We have decided to post it on the web to make it available to those
curious what is happening in 2011. Contact me in case you would like
to obtain the data used in the plots and maps.

A more detailed analysis including MODIS, surface observations and
other data sets will be released with the Artcic Report Card out late
October, see http://www.arctic.noaa.gov/reportcard/

Sincerely,

Marco Tedesco, Xavier Fettweis, Thomas Mote, Nicholas Steiner and
Jason Box

Marco Tedesco
Cryospheric Processes Laboratory, Director
Dept. Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Asst. Prof.
The Graduate Center, CUNY, Doctoral Faculty

138th and Convent Avenue
Marshak Science Buildg., Room J106
City College of New York
New York City, NY 10031, USA
Phone: +1 2126507027
Cell: + 2023754884
Fax: +1 2126506482

                       www.cryocity.org

mtedesco at sci.ccny.cuny.edu

Fellow, JCET University of Maryland, Baltimore County @ NASA Goddard
Space Flight Center

Doctoral Faculty, Parthenope University, Naples, Italy