[CRYOLIST] Call-for-data 2011/12

World Glacier Monitoring Service wgms at geo.uzh.ch
Thu Oct 3 03:39:35 PDT 2013

Dear CRYOLIST-subscribers,

The World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS) has opened the call-for-data
for the observation period 2011/12. If you carried out measurements of
glacier fluctuations (e.g., glacier front variations, glaciological mass
balance, and geodetic volume changes) during this period or if you have
data series from earlier years, you are kindly invited to submit your data
via our national correspondents who organize the data compilation in their
region/country.

For more information, data submission guidelines and digital data
submission forms please check our website:
http://www.wgms.ch/datasub.html

And the list of National Correspondents:
http://www.wgms.ch/nc.html

Data submission deadline is the 1st of December, 2013.

The compiled glacier fluctuation data (together with reference to
principal investigators) will be published in the ‘Glacier Mass Balance
Bulletin’ and/or the ‘Fluctuations of Glaciers’ series and are made
digitally available by the WGMS. Our MetaData Browser provides a quick
overview on currently available data series:
http://www.wgms.ch/metadatabrowser.html

If you have any questions concerning the data submission, please do not
hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely yours,

Michael Zemp, on behalf of the WGMS team

P.S.1 For the submission of glacier inventory data (i.e., distribution of
perennial surface ice at a certain point in time) please check the website
of the GLIMS initiative (http://www.glims.org) and contact Bruce Raup.

P.S.2 For the submission of glacier photo collections and repeat
photographs please check the NSIDC Glacier Photograph Collection
(http://nsidc.org/data/glacier_photo/) and contact Florence Fetterer.

+ + + +

World Glacier Monitoring Service (WGMS)
Department of Geography
University of Zurich
Winterthurerstrasse 190
8057 Zurich
SWITZERLAND

phone: +41-44 635 51 39
email: wgms at geo.uzh.ch
http://www.wgms.ch

- - - - - - - quick links - - - - - - -

Glacier monitoring session @ AGU:
https://fallmeeting.agu.org/2013/scientific-program/session-search/sessions/c010-glacier-monitoring-from-in-situ-and-remotely-sensed-observations-2/

WGMS MetaData Browser:
http://www.wgms.ch/metadatabrowser.html

Fluctuations of Glaciers Vol. X:
http://www.wgms.ch/fog.html

Glossary of Glacier Mass Balance and Related Terms:
http://www.geo.uzh.ch/~mzemp/Docs/Cogley_etal_2011.pdf

Global Glacier Changes: facts and figures:
http://www.grid.unep.ch/glaciers/