[CRYOLIST] MSc in Polar and Alpine Change, University of Sheffield, United Kingdom

Felix S Ng f.ng at sheffield.ac.uk
Sun Nov 2 12:15:27 PST 2014

Dear all,

*MSc in Polar and Alpine Change, 2015-16*

*Department of Geography, University of Sheffield, UK*

I write with information about this MSc course offered at our university,
which may interest applicants looking for studies in the broad area of
Cryospheric / Climate / Environmental Science.

This MSc explores some of the most dramatic environmental and climatic
changes on our planet --- those occurring in polar and alpine regions.
Students learn about the processes and changes in these regions and gain
skills in scientifically analysing and interpreting them. The course is 1
year long and taught by our climatologists and glaciologists. A core part
of it is a month-long summer fieldclass to Svalbard in the Norwegian
Arctic. As part of the training, each student also completes a supervised
research dissertation over an eight-month period.

We invite applicants with a record of performing at UK Upper-Second Class
level or above (or at an equivalent level overseas) at undergraduate level,
including applicants with background in Physical Geography,
Climate/Earth/Ocean/Environmental
Science, Physics, Mathematics, Biology, and Engineering.

Many of our graduates have been successful in moving on to PhD studies in
glaciology, climate science, biogeochemistry and planetary science.

*Our next Open Day is Thursday 27th November 2014. *There will be more open
days later in the academic year. The application round for 2015/16 entry is
open. Details of the course and the application procedure can be found at:
<http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/masters/polarandalpinechange/index>

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/masters/polarandalpinechange
<http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/masters/polarandalpinechange/index>

Please email geo-apply at sheffield.ac.uk if you wish to book a place on an
Open Day or know more information.

Best wishes,

Felix Ng
Director of MSc in Polar and Alpine Change

Dr. Felix Ng            email: f.ng at sheffield.ac.uk

Senior Lecturer, Glaciologist

Department of Geography

University of Sheffield

Winter Street

Sheffield

S10 2TN                tel: [+44] 114-2227949

United Kingdom    fax: [+44] 114-2797912

Website http://www.sheffield.ac.uk/geography/staff/ng_felix/index