[CRYOLIST] New database release

World Glacier Monitoring Service wgms at geo.uzh.ch
Fri Sep 19 23:53:05 PDT 2014

Dear CRYOLIST-subscribers,

We just completed a new release of our Fluctuations of Glaciers database.

The current version comprises reported observations on glacier changes up
until the observation period 2011/12 including:
- 5,300 glaciological balances from 413 glaciers (partly including ELA,
AAR, seasonal and elevation bin balances, and point observations),
- 920 geodetic balances from 446 glaciers,
- 44,000 front variations from 2,340 glaciers, and
- 420 special event reports from 295 glaciers.

For a detailed overview and quick data access, please use the WGMS
MetaData Browser: http://www.wgms.ch/metadatabrowser.html

All data and information is freely available for scientific and
educational purposes. The use only requires correct citation of the WGMS
and/or the original investigators and sponsoring agencies according to the
available meta-information.

Our work relies on the cooperation and help of many scientists and
observers throughout the world. We highly appreciate their long lasting
contribution in collaboration with our National Correspondents, who are
coordinating the annual data collection in more than 30 countries for
submission to the WGMS. Special thanks go to Paul Leclercq (Univ. Oslo and
Univ. Utrecht) and Graham Cogley (Trent Univ.) for supporting us with the
integration of their datasets.

Sincerely yours,

Michael Zemp on behalf of the WGMS team

+ + + +