[CRYOLIST] AGU Fall Meeting 2015, abstract deadline TODAY: please consider submitting to Session C023, ‘Hydrology of Glaciers, Ice Caps and Ice Sheets’

Amber Leeson A.A.Leeson at leeds.ac.uk
Wed Aug 5 01:51:15 PDT 2015

Dear Colleagues,

Today is the final day for submitting abstracts for this year's AGU fall meeting and we would be delighted if you would consider submitting an abstract to our glacier, ice cap and ice sheet hydrology session.

Session description:
Hydrological processes transcend all scales of mass from valley glaciers to large ice sheets, are highly responsive to climate variability and are known to impact on ice melting and dynamics.  The hydrologic system of glaciers, ice caps and ice sheets may take a variety of forms and includes lateral and vertical components such as firn layers, supra- and sub- glacial lakes and streams, moulins, crevasses, other conduits, and downstream rivers. We invite contributions examining the development, function and importance of the coupled hydrological system including monitoring, modelling and impact studies.  We particularly welcome contributions which consider interactions and feedbacks between the hydrological network and ice thermal state, ice dynamics, and water and energy exchange.  This includes, but is not limited to, supra- and en-glacial water storage, the evolution of basal hydrology, water transfer between sub-glacial lakes and interactions with seawater in marine environments.

We are also pleased to confirm that the following invited speakers will be presenting during the session:

Prof Pete Nienow, University of Edinburgh, 'Decadal slowdown of a land-terminating sector of the Greenland Ice Sheet during sustained climate warming - implications for wider ice sheet hydrology-dynamics coupling'
Dr Asa Rennermalm, Rutgers University, 'What terrestrial glacial meltwater streams reveal about ice sheet hydrology'
Prof Andrew Fountain, Portland State University, 'Englacial Hydrology of Temperate Glaciers'

Abstracts can be submitted via this link:
https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm15/preliminaryview.cgi/Session8145

Best wishes,

Amber Leeson (University of Leeds), Marco Tedesco (City College of New York), Larry Smith (UCLA)

Dr Amber Leeson

Centre for Polar Observation and Modelling
School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds
LS7 2SQ