[CRYOLIST] 20th Alpine Glaciology Meeting, Munich, February 2016

Christoph Mayer christoph.mayer at lrz.badw-muenchen.de
Thu Dec 17 03:30:58 PST 2015

Call of contributions for the 20^th Alpine Glaciology Meeting AGM 2016
Munich 25/26 February 2016

The next Alpine Glaciology Meeting will be held again in Munich, an
annual event that has found wide acceptance both among older
“experienced” scientists and younger “enthusiastic” students from
various disciplines related to glaciology. Research plans, work in
progress and preliminary or final results are presented and discussed in
an informal stetting, and all of this in English, a foreign language to
most of us. As we share this same handicap, we also come to each other’s
aid, if need be, to explain the latest advancements in research, while
enjoying one another’s achievements.

Contributions (oral and posters) are welcome, please register and submit
the abstract before 31^st of January 2016 by email to post at keg.badw.de
<mailto:post at keg.badw.de>. Information about hotels and hostels are
given below. Please book your accommodation early, because Munich is a
very busy city.

Our sincere gratitude goes to the Carl Friedrich von Siemens Stiftung
who graciously host our meeting in their wonderful house near the
Nymphenburg Castle. We trust that this year’s AGM will be a memorable
one – we hope to see you in Munich soon!

Location:

Carl Friedrich von Siemens Stiftung, Südliches Schlossrondell 23,
D-80638 München

For the organizing committee,

*Ludwig Braun, Commission for Geodesy and Glaciology, Bavarian Academy
of Sciences, Munich, Germany*

Here is a selection of medium priced hotels and cheaper hostels in the
city centre:

*Leonardo Hotel & Residenz, *Heimgartenstraße 14 81539 München Ph.: +49
89 60 20 39 0,
www.leonardo-hotels.de/deutschland-hotels/hotel-munchen/hotel-residence-munchen

*Hotel Adria,*Liebigstr. 8a 80538 München Ph.: +49 89 24 21 17 0,
www.adria-muenchen.de/hotel-muenchen-lehel.html **

*Hotel Carlton Astoria,*Fürstenstr. 12 80333 München Ph.: +49 89 38 39
63, www.carlton-astoria.de/index_home.htm

*Hotel Domus,*St.-Anna-Str. 3180538 München Ph.: +49 89 21 77 7 30,
www.domus-hotel.de/**

*Hotel Prinz,*Hochstr. 45 81541 München Ph.: +49 89 44 14 08 0,
www.hotel-prinz.de/

Hostels: http://glaziologie.de/Polartagung/index_htm_files/0.gif

*Meininger Hotel City Center,*Landsberger Straße 20  80339 München Ph.:
+49 89 54998023, www.meininger-hotels.com/de/hotels/muenchen/

*HI Hostel München (Jugendherberge),*Wendl-Dietrich Str. 20 80634
München Ph.: +49 89 202 444 90, www.hihostels.com/de/hostels/munchen-city

*Euro Youth Hostel,*Senefelder Str. 5 80336 München Ph.: +49 89 5990
8811, www.euro-youth-hotel.de/de/ **

*Pension Josefine,*Nordendstr. 13 80799 München/Schwabing Ph.: +49 89
271 00 43, www.pension-josefine.de/

*Pension Günstigschlafen24.de,*Verdistraße 21, 90, 104, 131 81247
München Ph.: +49 89 2035 8767, www.guenstigschlafen24.de/
<http://www.guenstigschlafen24.de/>