[CRYOLIST] Glaciology Position at USGS Alaska Science Center

Shad O'Neel soneel at usgs.gov
Tue Aug 9 07:56:43 PDT 2016

I would like to draw your attention to an available position at the USGS Alaska Science Center in the Water, Ice and Landscape Dynamics group.  We seek to hire a GS-9 (Master’s Level) candidate to work on inter-disciplinary projects that involve glacier mass balance, remote sensing, hydrology, geochemistry, ecology and nearshore oceanography. The position is advertised on USAjobs, with control number SAC-2016-039.  I encourage interested people to  apply through 15 August at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446102000/ <https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/446102000/>.

This is a 4-year term position located in Anchorage Alaska. Our group works closely with several federal, state and academic organizations, and a primary goal of this position is to develop a cloud-hosted database to promote data analysis. We seek candidates that have strong programming skills and interest in mountain glaciers.

Questions about the position can be directed to Shad O’Neel (soneel at usgs.gov) <mailto:soneel at usgs.gov)>.