[CRYOLIST] Ice Flows game launch at SCAR Open Science Conference

Le Brocq, Anne A.LeBrocq at exeter.ac.uk
Mon Aug 22 18:58:29 PDT 2016

Hi all,
The educational game - "Ice Flows" is being officially launched today at the SCAR Open Science Conference in Kuala Lumpur.  You can play it at: http://www.iceflowsgame.com or download it from the App Store & Google Play store and play on your phone or tablet.

The game has been developed in collaboration with games developers Inhouse Visuals and Questionable Quality, and the British Antarctic Survey, who are leading the NERC research project which it was funded as part of - 'Ice shelves in a warming world', investigating the Filchner Ice Shelf system in Antarctica.

In addition to the game levels the game also includes a "tutorial" level without the game aspects which can be used in outreach talks to help explain how ice sheets work.

If you use this game in any outreach, please let me know how it went, who it was with etc, so I can get a feel for what it gets used for.  If you download it from one of the app stores, please give it a (good!) rating and a review to promote it in the store.

Also, please get in touch if you would like to discuss adding further processes, regions, translations and any other ideas for development.

Thanks,
Anne

Dr. Anne Le Brocq
Senior Lecturer, Geography
College of Life and Environmental Sciences
University of Exeter
http://www.exeter.ac.uk/geography
https://twitter.com/exetergeography
+44 (0)1392 723833