[CRYOLIST] Geophysics on Ice (Session T239) - GSA Annual Meeting (Seattle, Oct 22-25, 2017)

Clément Miège clement.miege at geog.utah.edu
Wed May 31 11:29:36 PDT 2017

Dear All,

We hope you will join us at the Geological Society of America’s Fall
Meeting (Oct. 22 – 25, 2017) in Seattle, Washington. We would like to draw
your attention and solicit submissions to the following session:

*T239. Geophysics on Ice*

Abstract submission <http://community.geosociety.org/gsa2017/abstracts>

Deadline – August 1st

Geophysical investigations of Earth’s cryosphere are an integral part of
formulating our understanding of these dynamic environments and
are inherently multidisciplinary in nature. Combining results from multiple
geophysical approaches (gravity, ground penetrating radar,
seismics, electromagnetic methods, etc.) is proving to be a productive way
of understanding of a wide range of glacial and ice sheet processes,
including melting and ablation processes, ice dynamics, internal
morphology, and monitoring the effects of climate change in polar
environments. Our session aims to bring together results from various
geophysical disciplines in polar and glacier research to formulate
discussion and data sharing between these complementary approaches. This
session intends to showcase recent advances in geophysical investigations
of Earth’s cryosphere and cyrospheric processes. Papers will summarize
geophysical characterization of ice sheets, glaciers, ice shelves, and
related environments from a range of different techniques at a variety of
scales.

We look forward to seeing you at the meeting!

With best regards,

Nick Schmerr (University of Maryland) and Clément Miège (University of Utah)

---
Clément Miège
Postdoctoral Researcher
University of Utah, Geography