[CRYOLIST] Geomorphometry @EGU2018!

Giulia Sofia giulia.sofia at unipd.it
Tue Nov 7 01:53:45 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

with apologies for cross-posting...

….we are pleased to announce, after the successful roll-outs of the past
EGU sessions, an entire PICO (Presenting Interactive COntents)
<https://egu2018.eu/pico.html> session for EGU2018:

Frontiers in Geomorphometry and Earth Surface Dynamics: Possibilities,
Limitations and Perspectives

GM2.1/GI3.12/NH11.3/SSS13.20 co-organized session at the EGU General
Assembly 2018

_The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 10 Jan 2018, 13:00 CET. _

_If you would like to apply for support, please submit no later than 01
Dec 2017._

This session is interdisciplinary with a focus on new techniques in
digital terrain production and analysis independent of the subject, and
field. The session’s aim is to foster collaboration and sharing of ideas
across subject-boundaries, between technique developers and users,
enabling us as a community to fully exploit the wealth of knowledge
inherent in our digital landscape. We encourage contributions of both
''in development'' works as well as established techniques being used in
a novel way.

Perhaps unusually, we seek presentations that highlight as well current
limitations within your field and perspectives on where progress is
needed. Just remember, lurking in another speciality, the solution may
be out there!

_As in the past, we solicit speakers to present 'perspective' picos on
subjects that we believe are very __
__interesting. The idea of a perspective is to stimulate debate among
the attendants at the conference, but also to present a general subject
that can cross boundaries of sciences. IF you have any idea and you
think you can provide such perspective, do not hesitate to contact
giulia.sofia at unipd.it_

Abstract submission and full description of the session can be found at:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27419

All the best

Giulia Sofia,John K. Hillier, Susan Conway

--
Giulia Sofia, PhD
Dept. Land, Environment,Agriculture and Forestry