[CRYOLIST] SCAR side meeting: ice-sheet ocean interactions (past and present: how much data do we need for models)

Florence Colleoni flocolleoni at gmail.com
Tue Nov 14 00:16:53 PST 2017

Dear all,

This is to tell you that our SCAR side meeting "ice-sheet ocean
interactions" is scheduled on
*Monday 18th June*
*8-11 am*
*Studio A*

The tile of the workshop does not reflect totally the discussion we would
like to have all
together (we apologise but we had to submit the request for a side meeting
in a hurry). Based on your suggestions, Paolo and I suggest to talk about:

*"How much data and which data do we need to constrain polar processes
(ice-sheet, ocean circulations, atmosphere...,solid earth...)"*

This follows up the discussion we had during the PAIS conference last
september. Many questions were heading towards the same direction: how de
we know that data are enough for models? Do we need to implement new
processes in ice sheet models even if observations are scarce or
inexistent? Do we need to keep on providing specific kind of data even if
models cannot keep up with observations?...

With the topic we propose, the discussion can relate past and current
data-models investigations. This is why this workshop is open to everybody.

During the side meeting, no presentations will be given, but it will be an
open discussion of two hours based on those questions.

You can register to this workshop when you register for the formal OSC
conference, it is required I think.

We are looking forward to discuss with you in Davos!

Florence Colleoni & Paolo Stocchi

Fondazione CMCC <http://www.cmcc.it>
*Phone*: +39 051 4151222
*Webpage*: https://sites.google.com/site/florencecolleoni