[CRYOLIST] EGU2018 PICO session: Earth Surface Interactions With Atmosphere and Solid Earth - Rates and Dates

Sebastian Mutz sebastian.mutz at uni-tuebingen.de
Tue Nov 14 05:02:00 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

We would like to invite you to submit an abstract to the *EGU 2018 PICO
session *TS4.2/CL2.22/GM4.8

* —  Earth Surface Interactions With Atmosphere and Solid Earth - Rates
and Dates — *

*Invited Presentation*:
*Dr. Marissa M. Tremblay*, /University of Glasgow/

** TRAVEL SUPPORT*
If you want to apply for travel support you must submit your abstract
by Friday, 1 December 2017.
For details see https://www.egu2018.eu/roland_schlich_travel_support.html

** ABSTRACT SUBMISSION*
The abstract submission deadline is Wednesday, 10 January 2018, 13:00 CET.
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/26950

** INFORMATION ON PICO*
https://egu2018.eu/pico.html

** SESSION DESCRIPTION*
Quantifying how tectonic and climate processes shape Earth’s surface is
of primary importance for understanding surface evolution in
tectonically active settings. While the impact of tectonics has been
recognized in long-term orogenic evolution, the investigation
and quantification of potential feedback mechanisms between climate,
erosion, uplift and vegetation remains challenging over different
temporal and spatial scales. Another issue in analyzing the complex
relationships between climate and tectonics is that they are often
treated as separate systems rather than Earth system components that
interact with one another. First order constraints on surface processes
are documented in a diverse range of geomorphic, stratigraphic, and
sedimentary records. Second order constraints can be found in
paleo-erosion and paleo-climate proxies and modelling results.
We invite contributions that investigate these interactions on different
time scales from short-term extreme events to long-term forcings
that determine rates and dates of surface evolution (e.g., TCN, OSL,
thermochronology, among others) and address the coupling
between climate-tectonic impacts on surface processes. We also welcome
innovative numerical and analogue experimental studies that quantify
changes in landscape evolution, such as changes in relief, slopes,
erosion, and precipitation over different spatial scales, as well as
paleo-climate modelling experiments.

We look forward to receiving your contribution!

The session conveners

Jessica Starke
Georgina King
Sarah Falkowski
Sebastian Mutz

--
Dr. Sebastian Mutz
Department of Geosciences, University of Tübingen