[CRYOLIST] EGU2018 - Clouds and precipitation in the Polar Regions: sources, processes and impacts session

Irina Gorodetskaya irina.gorodetskaya at ua.pt
Tue Nov 14 02:57:12 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues (apologies for any cross-posting),

We would like to invite submission of abstracts to our session "Clouds
and precipitation in the Polar Regions: sources, processes and
impacts"at the 2018 EGU General Assembly (Vienna, 8‒13 April 2018):
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/26469

This session aims at bringing together researchers using observational
(in-situ, aircraft, ground-based and satellite-based remote sensing)
and/or modeling approaches to improve our understanding of polar
tropospheric clouds, precipitation and related mechanisms. Contributions
are invited on various relevant processes including drivers of the cloud
microphysics at high latitudes, sources of cloud nuclei both at local
and long range, linkages of polar clouds/precipitation to the moisture
sources and transports, relationship to the large-scale and mesoscale
atmospheric dynamics (including teleconnections), as well as the effects
that the clouds/precipitation in the polar regions have on the polar and
global climate system, surface mass balance and sea ice. Papers
including new methodologies specific to polar regions are encouraged,
such as improving polar cloud/precipitation parameterizations in
atmospheric models and advancing observations of polar clouds and
precipitation. This year we would like to emphasize observational and
modeling activities planned within the Year of Polar Prediction (YOPP,
www.polarprediction.net <http://www.polarprediction.net>) and encourage
related contributions.

Young scientist/student presentations are especially encouraged and we
will reserve several oral units for such papers in our session.

The deadline for abstract submission is Wednesday, January 10th 2018
@1300CET.

The deadline for application for financial support is Friday, December
1st 2017.

https://egu2018.eu/roland_schlich_travel_support.html

Please forward this announcement to anyone who may have interest in the
session. We look forward to receiving your contribution and seeing you
in Vienna.

On behalf of the conveners,

Irina

Conveners: Irina Gorodetskaya, Tom Lachlan-Cope , Nicole van Lipzig ,
Manfred Wendisch

--
Irina Gorodetskaya, PhD
email:irina.gorodetskaya at ua.pt