[CRYOLIST] Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic (SWIPA) 2017

Box, Jason Eric jeb at geus.dk
Mon Nov 20 04:18:56 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues

The new Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Program (AMAP) assessment report: “Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic (SWIPA) 2017” is now available for download: http://www.amap.no/documents/doc/Snow-Water-Ice-and-Permafrost-in-the-Arctic-SWIPA-2017/1610

The design of the report was to capture new cryospheric knowledge between 2009 and early 2017

The SWIPA reports are like IPCC reports, for the Arctic, with Summaries for Policy Makers, for example: http://www.amap.no/documents/doc/snow-water-ice-and-permafrost.-summary-for-policy-makers/1532

We encourage you to use SWIPA 2017 as a reference document in your scientific publications.

Citing the report

 *   AMAP, 2017. Snow, Water, Ice and Permafrost in the Arctic (SWIPA) 2017. Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP), Oslo, Norway. xiv + 269 pp.

Inside the report you'll find, for example, two chapters I co-lead: 6 - Changes to Arctic Land Ice and 9 - Sea level rise contribution from Arctic land ice: 1850-2100

Have an ice day!

Jason E. Box
GEUS – Geological Survey of Denmark and Greenland
Department of Glaciology and Climate
work mobile: +45 41 14 54 28
@climate_ice<https://twitter.com/climate_ice>
http://jasonbox.net/