[CRYOLIST] EGU2018: Deformation and flow of ice

Daniela Jansen daniela.jansen at awi.de
Tue Nov 21 06:33:26 PST 2017

Dear all,

this is an advert for the *“Deformation and flow of ice” [CR5.6/TS3.8]*
session to be held at the *EGU General Assembly 2018, 8. - 18. April in
Vienna*.

The session focuses on the deformation and flow of ice and invites
contributions from the field, laboratory and from modeling, aimed to
advance our understanding of (i) the different modes of deformation,
(ii) how ice flow properties are influenced by parameters such as (but
not limited to) fabric, texture, solute and particle impurities and
water availability, (iii) the formation of structures such as folds,
fractures and shear zones, and (vi) how ice flow properties contribute
to the large scale dynamics in polar ice sheets, mountain glaciers, sea
ice and planetary ice.
Find the full session description and submit an abstract at:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27863
<http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/27863>. The
deadline for abstract submission is the 10. Jan 2018, 13:00 CET.

The session is hosted by the Cryosphere (CR) but is co-organized with
the Tectonics (TS) devision, as we wish to encourage the
interdisciplinary exchange between the glaciology-, geology- and rock
deformation communities.
Looking forward to receiving your abstracts and hopefully see many of
you next year in Vienna.

Best regards,
Sina,Thomas and Daniela

--
Dr. Daniela Jansen
Glaciology

Alfred Wegener Institut
Helmholtz-Zentrum für Polar- und Meeresforschung
Am Alten Hafen 26
D-27568 Bremerhaven
(Building D-3350)
Telephone: +49(471)4831-1347