[CRYOLIST] EGU 2018 Boundary Layers in High Latitudes session
Christopher Cox - NOAA Affiliate
christopher.j.cox at noaa.gov
Tue Nov 21 07:32:25 PST 2017
*When: *April 8-13, 2018
*Where: *Vienna, Austria
*Session ID:* AS2.3/CR8.2/OS1.17/SSS13.1
*Conveners:* Günther Heinemann, Thorsten Bartels-Rausch, Christopher Cox,
Anna Jones, William Neff, Thomas Spengler, Argentini Stefania, Jennie L.
Thomas, Michael Tjernström
This session is intended to provide an interdisciplinary forum to bring
together researchers working in the area of boundary layer processes and
high-latitude weather and climate (including snow physics, air/snow
chemistry, and oceanography). Cryosphere and Atmospheric Chemistry (the
focus of the emerging IGAC activity “CATCH”) processes are highly relevant
to this session. We invite contributions e.g. in the following areas:
1. Observations and research on the energy balance, physical and chemical
exchange processes, and atmosphere-ocean-ice (AOI) interactions including
2. Results from high-elevation sites where similar processes occur over
snow and ice.
3. Field programs, laboratory studies and observational studies (including
4. Model studies and reanalyses.
5. Advances in observing technology.
6. External controls on the boundary layer such as clouds, aerosols,
7. Teleconnections between the polar regions and mid-latitudes resulting in
effects related to atmosphere-ice-ocean interactions as well as insights
provided by monitoring of water vapor isotopes that shed light on air mass
*Abstract Deadline:* January 10, 2018
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CRYOLIST