[CRYOLIST] EGU2018 session: Subglacial Environments of Ice Sheets and Glaciers (CR5.3)

Harold Lovell harold.lovell at port.ac.uk
Fri Nov 24 06:59:51 PST 2017

Dear Cryolisters,

Noting that the deadline for applying for travel support for early career
scientists and established researchers from low and middle income countries
is 1st December 2017, we invite abstracts to our EGU session *CR5.3
Subglacial Environments of Ice Sheets and Glaciers*.

We welcome scientific contributions that include, but are not limited to,
measurements and/or modelling of: (i) flow of subglacial water at the bed
and through subglacial sediments; (ii) linkages between subglacial
hydrology and ice dynamics; (iii) theoretical-, field-, or laboratory-based
parameterisation of subglacial processes in numerical ice-flow models; (v)
formation, geometry and potential hydrological linkages between subglacial
lakes; (v) subglacial and supraglacial lake drainage and subglacial floods
from ice margins; and (vi) geomorphological evidence of subglacial water
flows from contemporary ice-sheet margins and across formerly glaciated
continental-scale regions.

Further details can be found at:
http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2018/session/26465.

*Session Conveners*
Harold Lovell, Rob Bingham, Christine Dow, Bryn Hubbard

--

| *Dr Harold Lovell* | Senior Lecturer in GIS and Remote Sensing | Level 4
Year Leader |

| Email: *harold.lovell at port.ac.uk <harold.lovell at port.ac.uk>* |

| *University of Portsmouth* | Department of Geography | Buckingham
Building | Lion Terrace | Portsmouth | PO1 3HE | United Kingdom |
http://www.port.ac.uk/department-of-geography/staff/harold-lovell.html |

|Recent Publications:  A comparison of simultaneous temperature and
humidity observations from the SW and NE slopes of Kilimanjaro: The role of
slope aspect and differential land-cover in controlling mountain climate
<http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0921818117300292>
|Glacitectonic
composite ridge systems and surge-type glaciers: an updated correlation
based on Svalbard, Norway
<https://link.springer.com/article/10.1007/s41063-017-0028-5> |Dynamics of
former ice lobes of the southernmost Patagonian Ice Sheet based on a
glacial landsystems approach
<http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/jqs.2890/full> |