[CRYOLIST] Job offer for Full Professor in Physical Geography and Climatology at RWTH Aachen Univ., Germany

Christoph Schneider christoph.schneider at geo.hu-berlin.de
Mon Nov 27 06:44:34 PST 2017

Dear Colleagues,

please consider the job offer for Full Professor in Physical Geography
and Climatology at RWTH Aachen University, Germany. This job offer is
not specifically dedicated to cryospheric sciences but also it is not
excluded that the chosen candidate has a background in, for example,
glaciolology, snow science or permafrost modelling.

Full Professor (W2) in Physical Geography and Climatology, Faculty of
Georessources and Materials Engineering of RWTH Aachen University, Germany:

We are seeking qualified applicants for teaching and research in the
area of Physical Geography and Climatology.
The starting date is at the earliest possible date. We expect recognized
expertise in the field of of Physical Geography with a focus on
Climatology.
Experience should have been proved in at least one of the following
fields: urban climatology, topoclimates, field experiments as well as
data processing and analysis.

A methodological background in at least one of the following subjects is
required: Geographical Information Systems, remote sensing or
geostatistics.

We welcome your interest in the vital issue of recent climate change and
its implications.
Participation in interdisciplinary research cooperation at the RWTH
University is expected.
Teaching tasks comprise various courses in the Bachelor and Master
programs offered at the Division of Earth Sciences and Geography.
Besides a climatology focus, the broader field of Physical Geography
needs to be covered within the B.Sc. program Applied Geography.
Further, we expect you to participate in other integrated study programs
at RWTH Aachen University.

A Ph.D. degree is required; additionally, Habilitation (postdoctoral
lecturing qualification), an exemplary record of research achievement
as an assistant / an associate / a junior professor or university
researcher and/or an outstanding career outside academia are highly
desirable.

Ability in and commitment to teaching are essential. The application
should include supporting documents regarding success in teaching.

German is not necessary to begin but will be expected as a teaching
language within the first 5 years.

Longterm experience in application-oriented teaching is requested.

Please send a cover letter stating research aims and a CV to:

Dekan of the Faculty of Georesources and Materials Engineering
RWTH Aachen University
Prof. Dr. Axel Preusse
52056 Aachen
Germany

You can also send your application via email to
dekan at fb5.rwth-aachen.de

Please note, however, that communication via unencrypted e-mail poses a
threat to confidentiality as it is potentially vulnerable to
unauthorized access by third parties.
The deadline for applications is 05.01.2018.

This position is also available as part-time employment per request.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a family-friendly university and
offers a dual career program for partner hiring.

We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled
people and ethnic minority groups,
recognizing they are under-represented across RWTH Aachen University.
The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will
be made on merit.

Job posting at the University Website:
http://www.rwth-aachen.de/cms/root/Die-RWTH/Jobs-Ausbildung/Jobboerse/~crfe/Stellenangebote-fuer-Professuren/

*****************************

My best wishes,
Christoph

Prof. Dr. Christoph Schneider
Geschäftsführender Direktor / Managing Director
Geographisches Institut / Geography Department

Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin
Unter den Linden 6
D-10099 Berlin

Tel.     +49 30 2093 9411