[CRYOLIST] USAPECS Polar Film Fest submissions due Friday

Ellyn Enderlin ellyn.enderlin at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 07:30:09 PDT 2018

Hi all,

In conjunction with Polar Week (September 17th – 23rd 2018), USAPECS is
organizing our third annual Polar Film Festival! The festival will showcase
videos on topics related to the Polar Regions to the broader public. Films
will be hosted digitally on our website, in accordance with each day’s
theme. The deadline for film submissions, *Friday, August 17th 2018 at
11:59 pm EDT*, is rapidly approaching so submit your films today (
https://goo.gl/forms/zZ2i4S2wfjGOx8lq1)!

This year’s themes are:

1. Polar Research, Fieldwork and Citizen Science

2. Tipping the Balance: Exploring rapid changes in polar ice cover

3. Melt: An Exploration of Life in the Polar Ice Pack

4. Polar Industries

5. Environmental issues in the Polar Regions

If you would like to submit or suggest any short films or videos (1-30
minutes long) related to one of this year’s themes for viewing, please
submit them using this Google form: https://goo.gl/forms/zZ2i4S2wfjGOx8lq1 We
are particularly interested in receiving more submissions for themes #2-4,
so please consider submitting to one or more of these categories if you
have relevant film suggestions.

Submissions of independently created films (created by you or someone you
know) are welcomed and encouraged. In the past, we’ve featured works
ranging from feature films and documentaries to independently-produced
videos, interviews and news reports, so we welcome a diversity of
submissions. We are also looking for people to host in-person screenings
this fall, so if you’re interested in helping to do so please indicate this
as such on the film submission form or email usapecs at gmail.com. We’ve held
this event the past two years and had great turn out, so we hope to get
similar participation this time. Last year’s videos can be viewed at
http://usapecs.wixsite.com/usapecs/pff2017.

USAPECS Board

US Association of Polar Early Career Scientists

usapecs at gmail.com

usapecs.wix.com/usapecs
--
Ellyn M Enderlin, PhD