[CRYOLIST] IARPC glaciers and sea level team meeting

Shad O'Neel soneel at usgs.gov
Tue Jul 10 10:35:45 PDT 2018

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to invite you to the upcoming IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level
Collaboration Team meeting that will be held on Wednesday 18 July at 9 am
Alaska Time (11 am Mountain, 1 pm Eastern). The meeting will summarize the
recent Arctic System Change Workshop and will include presentations focused
on terrestrial ice as well the Arctic as a system.  Presenters include
Marika Holland (UCAR), Twila Moon (NSIDC) and Jennifer Kay (Univ. Colorado).

This event is hosted by the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee
(IARPC) Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team. At this meeting, we have
several speakers who have agreed to present and discuss:

*We invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to
participate in our meeting on 18 July 2018 at 9:00 AM Alaska Time (1:00 pm
EST)*.

*How to participate?*

If you don’t already have one, *request an account on IARPC Collaborations
<http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html>*, where
information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community.
Once you have an account,  *join our collaboration team
<http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3>* and you will
automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via
email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next
meeting here. <https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/events/10598>

*Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?  *

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of
information between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of
it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For
example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers
and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers
learn about one another’s programs and identify synergies between programs
and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad O’Neel and Joe MacGregor – IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration
Team.

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist
Alaska Science Center