[CRYOLIST] We need the terrestrial perspective for Ocean Worlds at AGU!

Catherine Walker catcolwa at umich.edu
Wed Jul 11 08:41:18 PDT 2018

Greetings everyone!

Ice-ocean and general "Ocean World" enthusiasts: we want you to join us!
Session P020, "From the Earth to the Moons: Unraveling the Geologic,
Oceanographic and Chemical Mysteries of Ice and Ocean Worlds"

Cross-listed in planetary, cryosphere, and ocean sciences, we're bringing
together studies of ice and ocean worlds: those in our own solar system
(including Earth!), possible analogues in extra-solar systems, and the
associated geological, geochemical and oceanographic processes that might
contribute to the evolution (habitability included) of ices, oceans and
their interactions.
How might the observable surface be representative of processes taking
place in the subsurface? How might these processes contribute to extreme
biological habitats, and habitability? What types of interactions drive
their evolution? Seeking to bridge Earth and planetary studies from Mercury
to Pluto and all satellites in between, we encourage contributions on:
in-situ/remote sensing observations; theoretical and laboratory work;
analog field work investigations.
Link for more info: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm18/prelim.cgi/Session/45706

We hope to see you in Washington, D.C. this December, discoveries abound!
It will be fun!

Catherine Walker (JPL), Chris German (WHOI), Steve Vance (JPL), and Britney
Schmidt (Georgia Tech)