[CRYOLIST] Call for Polar Film Festival Submissions (USAPECS)

Mariama Dryak mariama.dryak at maine.edu
Wed Jul 11 20:11:22 PDT 2018

*In conjunction with Polar Week this September USAPECS is organizing our
third Polar Film Festival! The festival will showcase several short videos
on topics related to the Polar regions to the public and broader APECS
community. Films will be hosted each day digitally on our website, in
accordance with each day’s theme. This year’s themes are: - Tipping the
Balance: Exploring rapid changes in polar ice cover- Polar Research,
Fieldwork and Citizen Science- Melt: An Exploration of Life in the Polar
Ice Pack- Polar Industries- Environmental issues in the Polar regionsIf you
would like to submit or suggest any short films or videos (1-30 minutes
long) related to one of this year’s themes for viewing, please submit them
using this google form: https://goo.gl/forms/zZ2i4S2wfjGOx8lq1
<https://goo.gl/forms/zZ2i4S2wfjGOx8lq1>. Submissions of independently
created films (created by you or someone you know) are welcomed and
encouraged. In the past, we’ve featured works ranging from feature films
and documentaries to independently-produced videos, interviews and news
reports, so we welcome a diversity of submissions. We are also looking for
people to host in-person screenings this fall, so if you’re interested in
helping to do so please indicate this as such on the film submission form
or email usapecs at gmail.com <usapecs at gmail.com>. We’ve held this event the
past two years and had great turn out, so we hope to get similar
participation this time. Last year’s videos can be viewed at
usapecs.wixsite.com/usapecs/pff2017
<http://usapecs.wixsite.com/usapecs/pff2017>.Kind regards,USAPECS Board*
US Association of Polar Early Career Scientists
usapecs at gmail.com
usapecs.wix.com/usapecs

--
Mariama Dryak (she/her/hers)