[CRYOLIST] AGU Session Announcement: (C012) Birth, Life, & Death of Icebergs

Ellyn Enderlin ellyn.enderlin at gmail.com
Wed Jul 18 06:35:55 PDT 2018

Hi all,
If you're research interests span the ice-ocean interface, I'd like to call
your attention to our session on icebergs at the AGU Fall Meeting in DC:
(C012) Birth, Life, & Death of Icebergs. We invite submissions that span
the entire iceberg 'lifecycle', from studies focused on calving processes,
iceberg disintegration, and interactions between icebergs and the
atmosphere, ocean, sea ice, sea floor, and ecosystems. A more detailed
description is included in the session description below.

Please do not hesitate to contact Ellyn Enderlin (ellyn.enderlin at gmail.com)
or any of the other session conveners if you have any questions regarding
the session.

We look forward to learning more about your science and seeing you at AGU!
Till Wagner, Ellyn Enderlin, Ian Eisenman, & Claudia Cenedese

Session Description:
Under global warming, mass loss from the Antarctic and Greenland ice sheets
is expected to increase. This increase will likely be accompanied by an
increased discharge of icebergs into the oceans. For this session we
solicit contributions that address observations, theory, and modeling of
the mechanisms that control the detachment of icebergs from ice sheets and
glaciers, along with the processes that control the fate and evolution of
icebergs until they completely melt. Potential topics include iceberg
interactions with the ocean, the atmosphere, sea ice, and sea floor, the
influence of icebergs on local ecosystems and biogeochemical processes, and
the representation of calving and disintegration of icebergs in models of
varying complexity with local to global domains. We invite submissions
focusing on past, present, and projected future climates in both polar
regions.

--
Ellyn M Enderlin, PhD
Research Assistant Professor