[CRYOLIST] The challenge of snow

O'Neel, Shad soneel at usgs.gov
Mon Mar 5 10:56:52 PST 2018

Dear Colleagues:

I would like to invite you to an exciting set of short talks and discussion
focused on snow, that will be held on Thursday 8 March at 9 am Alaska Time
(1 pm Eastern).

This event is hosted by the Interagency Arctic Research Policy Committee
(IARPC)  Glaciers & Sea-level Collaboration Team. At this meeting, we have
several speakers who have agreed to present and discuss:

*The Challenge of Snow:*

Jessica Lundquist, Adrian Harpold, Dan McGrath and Lora Koenig will each
speak on measuring and modeling snow, with an intention of bringing the
seasonal and glacier snow communities together for an engaging experience
and some discussion time at the end.

*We invite all interested researchers and stakeholders to
participate in our meeting on 8 March 2018 at 9:00 AM Alaska Time (1:00 pm
EST)*.

*How to participate?*

If you don’t already have one, request an account on IARPC Collaborations
<http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/request-account.html>, where
information is shared among the 1000+ members of our research community.
Once you have an account,  join our collaboration team
<http://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/people/teams/3> and you will
automatically be notified of upcoming collaboration team meetings via
email. You may also RSVP and view the connection information for our next
meeting here. <https://www.iarpccollaborations.org/members/events/10598>

*Why participate in IARPC Collaborations?  *

IARPC collaboration teams are designed to assist the bi-directional flow of
information  between the research community and Federal agencies. Think of
it as a regular science workshop, but on an ongoing and monthly basis. For
example, researchers present their research to peers and program managers
and learn about new research efforts within their field.  Program managers
learn about one another’s programs, and identify synergies between programs
and programmatic gaps.

Best,

Shad O’Neel and Joe MacGregor – IARPC Glaciers and Sea Level Collaboration
Team.

Shad O'Neel
USGS Glaciologist
Alaska Science Center