[CRYOLIST] Workshop on glaciers, moraines and climate - interdisciplinary approaches

Clare Boston clare.boston at port.ac.uk
Thu Mar 22 09:47:30 PDT 2018

Dear colleagues,

We are excited to announce our EGU co-sponsored training school on
“Glaciers, moraines and climate: identifying, dating and extracting
paleoclimate data from evidence of past glacier change”, which will take
place in Inchnadamph in the Scottish Highlands from 13 to 18 August 2018.

Our main aim is to encourage early career (PhD or Postdoc) researchers to
integrate different (e.g. geomorphological, sedimentological,
chronological, limnological) lines of paleoglaciological evidence. Often,
the impact of such inter-disciplinary approaches is greater than the sum of
its parts, advancing the potential of paleoglaciological evidence to
understand climate change.

Are you interested? Then more information is available at
http://eguecrmoraineworkshop.strikingly.com/ including how to register. The
registration deadline is 13 May 2018.

With kind regards and looking forward to meet,

Your organizing committee:

Sven Lukas, Jostein Bakke, Clare Boston, Natacha Gribenski, Susan Ivy-Ochs
& Willem van der Bilt

--

Dr Clare Boston
Senior Lecturer in Physical Geography

Tel: 02392 842498
Webpage:
http://www.port.ac.uk/department-of-geography/staff/clare-boston.html
Twitter: @ClareBoston

Geography Department Research Degrees Coordinator (DRDC)