[CRYOLIST] 2 PostDoc positions at Univ. Erlangen-Nuremberg on remote sensing and machine learning / rem. sens. and modelling

Matthias Holger Braun matthias.h.braun at fau.de
Tue Jan 8 02:22:24 PST 2019

Dear colleagues,

in a joint activity between the remote sensing group (geography) and
applied mathematics / patter recognition lab (computer sciences) we seek
two PostDoc candidates for a 2-year position each in the university
funded incubator project “Tapping the Potential of Earth Observation
(TAPE)”. Positions start April 2019; application deadline is 20 January
2019, but we accept applications until the positions are filled.

The PostDoc in the field MathGeo will work on developing and
implementing algorithms to improve products from remote sensing of the
cryosphere (e.g. gap filling) and on improved error estimation for
remote sensing informed modelling. For more information please see:
https://www5.cs.fau.de/files/Ausschreibung_engl_TAPE_MathGEO.pdf

The other PostDoc will use deep learning techniques to derive various
remote sensing products from different input  data sets. Some of the
envisaged applications have a cryosphere focus. For more details see:
https://www5.cs.fau.de/files/Ausschreibung_engl_TAPE_InfoGEO.pdf

Questions or feedbacks may be directed to Matthias Braun

(matthias.h.braun at fau.de).

We are looking forward to receiving your contribution,

The TAPE team

Matthias Braun, Eberhard Bänsch, Andreas Maier, Hannes Feilhauer,
Johannes Fürst

Dr. Matthias Braun
Professor for Remote Sensing & GIS
Institut für Geographie
Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg
Wetterkreuz 15, D-91058 Erlangen, Germany
Ph: +49-(0)9131-85-22015, F: -22013
N49.60083° E011.01702°
http://www.geographie.nat.uni-erlangen.de