[CRYOLIST] Reminder and DEADLINE EXTENSION for the open SURVEY on changes to the International Glaciological Society (IGS)

Francisco Navarro francisco.navarro at upm.es
Tue Jan 15 00:06:45 PST 2019

Dear Cryolisters,

Thanks to all those who already answered the survey.

Because many potential respondents are currently participating in the
austral summer Antarctic campaign, we have been asked by some IGS
members to extend the deadline. Consequently, we have set a *new
deadline on **15 February 2019*.

Please find below the link to a survey

https://igsoc.limequery.com/815282?newtest=Y&lang=en

REMINDER OF THE MOTIVATION OF THE SURVEY:

The International Glaciological Society was born 82 years ago, and its
Constitution was last renewed 33 years ago. The most relevant change in
the IGS during recent years has been the transition to open access for
the Journal and Annals. Other significant recent changes have been the
setting of IGS core values and renovation of the awards system. But
neither science nor society is static and as the ways of doing and
disseminating science continue to change, scientific societies should
respond, making effective use of new technologies and updating their
governance rules where this makes sense. In our case, it is time to
review the IGS Constitution again and this has to be done with the
critical input of IGS members -present or past- as well as those who
could potentially become members. This is the motivation of the present
survey, which we strongly encourage you to answer.

Best regards,
Francisco Navarro,
IGS President

--
Prof. Francisco Navarro, despacho A302-4
Departamento de Matemática Aplicada a las TIC
e-mail francisco.navarro at upm.es
http://www.gsnci.upm.es