[CRYOLIST] Fwd: Advertising our GSA Cordilleran Session

Andrew Fountain andrew at pdx.edu
Fri Jan 18 09:30:29 PST 2019

Just a quick note to let everyone know that we are holding a glacier
session at the
                   2019 GSA Cordilleran Section
                   15–17 May 2019
                    Portland, Oregon USA

The abstract deadline is, 5 February 2019, 11:59 PM PST

T20. Glaciers of the North American West.
Andrew G. Fountain, Portland State Univ.; Claire Todd, Pacific Lutheran
Univ.; Erin Whorton, USGS.
Glaciers shape mountain landscapes; alter the temperature, timing, and
volume of water runoff; and present geologic hazards. The goal of this
session is to summarize the current state of understanding of glacier
variability in the North American West including climate drivers and
effects on the landscape and on downstream communities. (Oral; posters
possible.)

For further details, see,
https://www.geosociety.org/GSA/Events/Section_Meetings/GSA/Sections/cd/2019mtg/techprog.aspx

Hope to see you all in Portland!

Andrew & Claire

--
Andrew G. Fountain

Department of Geology
Department of Geography

Address:                            FedEx/Shipping Address:
Department of Geology        Department of Geology
Portland State University      17 Cramer Hall
Portland, OR  97207-0751    Portland State University
USA                                   1721 SW Broadway
                                          Portland, OR 97201
Email:  andrew at pdx.edu      USA
http://www.glaciers.pdx.edu
Phone:  503-725-3386