[CRYOLIST] Input needed: National Academies CORES study for NSF EAR

Alejandro Flores lejoflores at boisestate.edu
Sun Jan 20 21:36:48 PST 2019

Dear Cryolist!

As you may know, the National Academies is conducting a study on Catalyzing
Opportunities for Research in the Earth Sciences (CORES) for the Division
of Earth Sciences at the National Science Foundation. As a member of the
study committee, I can attest that it's critically important that we hear
from you!

The purpose of the CORES study is to (1) identify a concise set of
high-priority scientific questions for the next decade, (2) assess
infrastructure needed to address these questions, and (3) determine
opportunities for greater collaboration with other NSF divisions and
directorates, federal agencies, and domestic and international partners.

The CORES committee strongly feels that this study must be informed by
vigorous community input from across the entire spectrum of Earth sciences.
One of the ways we are soliciting input is through a questionnaire
assessing your ideas about upcoming research priorities:
https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/4717567/CORES-Community-Input

The CORES site (http://nas-sites.org/dels/studies/cores/) provides more
detailed information on the study charge, as well as a complete list of
committee members.  Please go to the website and contribute your comments
regarding the top Earth science priorities for the next decade. The
deadline to submit comments is March 1, 2019. Thank you in advance!

Sincerely,
Lejo

Alejandro N. Flores, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Geosciences
Director, Lab for Ecohydrological Applications and Forecasting
Boise State University, ERB-4151
1910 University Dr.
Boise, ID 83725-1535
Phone: 208-426-2903