[CRYOLIST] Call for Abstract - YES Congress 2019 Berlin

Loeka Jongejans loeka.jongejans at live.nl
Fri Jan 25 08:55:37 PST 2019

Dear friends and colleagues,
We would like to draw your attention to our session “The Role of Polar Regions in the Earth System” (1.9) at the 5th YES (Young Earth Scientists Network) Congress which will be held from 9-13 September 2019 at the Freie Universität in Berlin, Germany.
The session is part of Theme 1: Ashes to Ashes – Understanding Earth Processes. The session description can be found below and also here:
https://yesdeutschland.weebly.com/call-for-abstracts.html
We look forward to many exciting contributions. The abstract submission deadline is 18 February 2019.
Session format: Oral presentations, Poster session, Elevator pitch
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions.
Kind regards,
Josefine Lenz, Loeka Jongejans, Gerlis Fugmann (conveners)
Session description: The most dramatic changes in the Anthropocene are observed in the cryosphere such as the rapid decline of sea ice, retreat of glaciers and warming of permafrost. However, warming in the high latitudes is also affecting processes in the lower latitudes. Understanding complex physical, geochemical and biological dynamics often requires a multidisciplinary approach and technical progress is promising for advancing our current knowledge of the cryosphere. This session welcomes contributions to our understanding of past, current and future changes in the Polar Regions including field observations, laboratory data, remote sensing, modelling approaches and method development.