[CRYOLIST] Contribute to the future Copernicus Sentinel-2 snow product

Simon Gascoin simon.gascoin at cesbio.cnes.fr
Mon Jun 17 08:27:37 PDT 2019

Dear snow colleagues,

we are starting a project with the European Environment Agency on the implementation of a high resolution fractional snow cover product at Pan European scale from Sentinel-2 data for the Copernicus Land Monitoring Service. We aim to provide a robust characterization of the product accuracy for the users, hence we are seeking a maximum of reference data for the product evaluation. Typically we are interested in orthorectified snow cover area observations (binary snow/no-snow or snow fraction) from terrestrial cameras, aerial surveys or very-high resolution satellite imagery. We have already listed a few open access data but there is probably more. We could use data from anywhere but the priority will be given to observation sites in Europe. Only data acquired after July 2015 are useful. Ideally the data should come with an estimate of their accuracy. Interested data providers will be invited to contribute to the publication of the results. If you are willing to share your data please get in touch with me: simon.gascoin at cesbio.cnes.fr. Feel free to share this call to interested colleagues who do not subscribe to cryolist.

Thank you!
Simon

--
Simon Gascoin
Centre d'Etudes Spatiales de la Biosphère (CESBIO)