[CRYOLIST] Post-doc position in in remote-sensing of sea-ice thickness, AWI Bremerhaven
Robert.Ricker at awi.de
Mon Oct 7 01:04:25 PDT 2019
we invite applications for a postdoctoral researcher in remote-sensing of sea-ice thickness:
- Improving sea-ice thickness retrieval algorithms based on data of satellite radar and laser altimeter mission (ERS-1/2, Envisat, ICESat, CryoSat-2, AltiKA, Sentinel-3A/B, ICESat-2) using physical and machine-learning approaches
- mplementation of algorithm improvements in the python sea ice radar altimetry toolbox (pysiral)
- Quality control of remote sensing data with validation data sets from research aircraft and moored/tethered sensor platforms
- Support production and quality control of sea-ice thickness climate data records within ESA CCI sea ice project and Copernicus Climate Change Services (C3S).
- Evaluation of variability of sea-ice volume and trends in the past 3 decades
- Presentation of results in scientific journals and international conferences
The position is limited to 3 years. The salary will be paid in accordance with the German Tarifvertrag des öffentlichen Dienstes (TVöD Bund), up to salary level 13. The place of employment will be Bremerhaven, Germany.
Please forward your application by November 3rd 2019, online, via the link above.
Reference number: 114/D/Kli-b
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the CRYOLIST