[CRYOLIST] CLIVAR/CliC/SCAR Southern Ocean Region Panel seeking new members (especially early career researchers)

Inga Smith inga.smith at otago.ac.nz
Mon Oct 7 14:58:21 PDT 2019

Dear Cryolisters,

The CLIVAR/CliC/SCAR Southern Ocean Region Panel (SORP) has an open call for new members, closing very soon (10 October):

http://www.clivar.org/news/2019-open-call-nominations-clivar-panels-and-ssg

We particularly welcome self-nominations from early career researchers in this round because an early career researcher is rotating off the main panel.

Here are some specific details for the SORP part of this call:

* Information on what SORP does and the current membership are available through the following website: http://www.clivar.org/clivar-panels/southern

* SORP welcomes all self-nominations from Southern Ocean and Antarctic researchers, but particularly SORP would welcome nominations  and self-nominations from disciplines, regions and groups that are under-represented (or not represented at all) on SORP at present (or after some members rotate off in this cycle).

* Early career researchers are especially encouraged to self-nominate (i.e., you do not need someone else to nominate you; we would like to hear in your own words why you want to join SORP).

Regards,

Inga Smith and Riccardo Farneti
CLIVAR/CliC/SCAR Southern Ocean Region Panel