[CRYOLIST] 2020 Quaternary Research Association Annual Discussion Meeting, Leeds, 8th-10th January

Andy Emery [RPG] ee06ae at leeds.ac.uk
Tue Oct 8 08:48:41 PDT 2019

Hi Cryolist,

It is our pleasure to announce the 2020 Quaternary Research Association Annual Discussion Meeting 'Quaternary Earth System processes and feedbacks: challenges for society'. It will take place from 8-10th January 2020, in the beautiful city of Leeds, Yorkshire, home to the famous Leeds Hippo and one of the UK's largest groups of Quaternary researchers.
All critical information can be found at https://qraleeds2020.com/<https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fqraleeds2020.com%2F&data=02%7C01%7CT.P.Roland%40exeter.ac.uk%7Cc6ffb87e59804a2d6f7e08d73d1c637a%7C912a5d77fb984eeeaf321334d8f04a53%7C0%7C0%7C637045064453220549&sdata=LX1utZOHEqw2aJFz6M2Z5iCl22e4Xs1gOlbgxnFNlMo%3D&reserved=0> but most importantly: we need your contributions to make this an ADM to remember! With a wide range of scientific themes (Ice, oceans and sea level; Ecosystems; Quaternary carbon cycling; State shifts and abrupt changes; Recent advance in Quaternary geochronology; Implications of Quaternary science for Earth's future) as well as an open submission poster session, we hope to attract abstracts from a broad scientific community, in particular the cryosphere community whose input is vital in addressing society's grand challenges.
Abstract submission (along with early bird registration for QRA members) closes on 31st October. Please join us in Leeds and help to shape the British and international Quaternary research agenda.
Invited speakers: Angela Gallego-Sala (Exeter), Natalya Gomez (McGill), Camille Li (Bergen), Kirsty Penkman (York), James Rae (St Andrews) and Paul Valdes (Bristol)
Meeting sponsors: QRA, Wiley, Anatune and Van Walt
We aim to make this the most inclusive QRA ever. Childcare will available, and our inclusivity statement can be read at https://qraleeds2020.com/inclusion/
http://qraleeds2020.com
https://twitter.com/QRALeeds2020

Andy Emery
PhD researcher, Priestley Climate Scholar
Stratigraphy Group, Institute of Applied Geosciences,
School of Earth and Environment
University of Leeds
LS2 9JT

ee06ae at leeds.ac.uk<mailto:ee06ae at leeds.ac.uk>