[CRYOLIST] Faculty position in seismology at Scripps Oceanography

Helen Amanda Fricker hafricker at ucsd.edu
Sat Oct 19 00:28:07 PDT 2019

ASSISTANT PROFESSOR POSITION IN SEISMOLOGY
SCRIPPS INSTITUTION OF OCEANOGRAPHY, UC SAN DIEGO

Scripps Institution of Oceanography at the University of California San
Diego (UCSD) seeks outstanding candidates for an Assistant Professor
position in seismology. We invite applicants with expertise in
observational and/or analytical seismology. We are seeking a motivated,
broad-thinking scientist whose research covers regional and/or global
seismology who will build collaborations that complement and extend our
current programs at Scripps. Your application will be evaluated on your
potential for research excellence, teaching and mentoring of undergraduate
and graduate students, collegiality, and service towards building an
equitable and diverse scholarly environment. This appointment will be at
the Assistant Professor level, and salary will be commensurate with
experience and UC pay scales.

The position requires a Ph.D. or equivalent in geophysics or a relevant
field at the time of appointment and candidates should have a competitive
record of publication, as well as evidence of the potential to conduct and
fund an active research program. Candidates will be expected to teach at
both undergraduate and graduate levels, and engage in university and other
professional service.

For full consideration applications must be received by December 15, 2019.
Apply at: https://apol-recruit.ucsd.edu/JPF02284

Scripps Institution of Oceanography is a world-renowned center of research
with approximately 200 principal investigators leading research programs on
all aspects of earth, ocean, biological, and atmospheric sciences. We are
committed to academic excellence and diversity within the faculty, staff,
and student body.

UCSD is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a strong
institutional commitment to excellence and diversity (
http://diversity.ucsd.edu).

--
Dr Helen Amanda Fricker
Professor