[CRYOLIST] EGU 2020 - session on Weddell Sea science

C.L. Batchelor clb70 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Oct 23 03:11:34 PDT 2019

Dear colleagues,

We would like to draw your attention to our conference session "CR6.4 Ice
Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions in the Weddell Sea, Antarctica: insights from
fieldwork-based studies, remotely sensed observations and model results",
which will take place at the 2020 General Assembly of the European
Geoscience Union (EGU), Vienna, May 3-8 2020.

Given the susceptibility of this region to recent climatic forcing, and
ongoing media attention regarding its designation as a Marine Protected
Area (MPA), this session forms an exciting opportunity to share scientific
findings spanning ice, ocean and climate science research focused on the
Weddell Sea. We therefore invite contributions focusing on, but not limited
to, glaciology, marine geology and geophysics, oceanography, earth
observation, atmospheric science and sea ice. Findings from recent
fieldwork-based studies in this sector are particularly encouraged.

More information about our session can be found in the links provided
below. Abstract submission closes on 15th Jan 2020, 1300 CET.

Ice-Ocean-Atmosphere Interactions in the Weddell Sea, Antarctica: insights
from fieldwork-based studies, remotely sensed observations and model
results: https://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2020/session/34969

As in previous years, EGU are offering early career scientist support to
students and postdocs in the form of the 'Roland Schlich Travel Support
(deadline for abstract submission 1st Dec 2019):
https://egu2020.eu/about_and_support/roland_schlich_travel_support.html

We look forward to seeing you in Vienna,

Christine Batchelor, Frazer Christie and Katherine Hutchinson
Session conveners