[CRYOLIST] Faculty position in climate-related sciences at MIT

Brent Minchew minchewb at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 07:51:58 PDT 2019

Hello cryolist,

A reminder that the Department of Earth, Atmospheric, and Planetary
Sciences at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) is looking to
hire a tenure-track faculty member in climate-related sciences (broadly
defined). The deadline is soon (Nov 1), so send in your applications. Full
job posting:

The MIT Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences includes a
vibrant and inter-disciplinary group in climate science that we seek to
expand. We are especially interested in physical oceanography, atmospheric
chemistry, and atmospheric dynamics, but we encourage applications from
outstanding candidates in all sub-disciplines of climate science. We seek
candidates who use any approach or combination of approaches, including
observation, theory, modeling, and experimentation. Candidates should have
the potential for innovation and leadership in research and a commitment to
teaching at the undergraduate and graduate levels.

Requirements: Applicants must hold a Ph.D. in earth sciences or related
field by the start of employment. Our intent is to hire at the assistant
professor level, but more senior appointments may also be considered.
Applications from women and underrepresented minorities are strongly
encouraged. A complete application must include a cover letter, curriculum
vitae, one- to two-page descriptions each of research and teaching plans,
and three letters of recommendations.

Please explicitly commit to our department¹s code of conduct (
https://eapsweb.mit.edu/about/code-conduct) in submitted cover letters.

Applications are being accepted at Academic Jobs Online:
https://academicjobsonline.org/ajo/jobs/14201

To receive full consideration, complete applications must be received by
November 1, 2019.

Complete applications will be considered starting September 15 until
November 1, 2019.

Search Contact: Ms. Karen Fosher, HR Administrator, EAPS, 54-924
Massachusetts Institute of Technology, 77 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge,
MA 02139-4307, email: kfosher at mit.edu MIT is an equal employment
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race,
color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age,
genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.

All the best,

--Brent

--
Dr. Brent Minchew

Cecil and Ida Green Assistant Professor
Department of Earth, Atmospheric & Planetary Sciences
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

office: 54-310
phone: 617-324-3704
email: minchew at mit.edu